Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Nights

At last today it began to feel like summer! We've had unusally cool weather this year and I'd started thinking summer would pass us by this year. On the 4th of July Ray, Nicole and I went to my sister's house to barbeque and watch fireworks at the local high school from the field behind her house. It was cool when we got there and by 7 p.m. we were sitting outside in sweatshirts freezing. We watched fireworks in bundled in sweatshirts and blankets, too!

Last weekend Ray finally got the pool ready so on Sunday we actually got in for the first swim of the season. It was great! I've always wanted a built-in pool and realized that if I lay on my floatie with my eyes closed, it feels exactly like a real live built-in. I'm almost ready to give up my dream of a built in pool and be happy with the little pool I have. Now that summer nights have arrived I look forward to sitting outside with Ray, watching the stars and talking about whatever comes to our minds. I treasure those evenings outside, lost in listening to him talk, exchanging ideas for our future and our hopes and dreams. This is our 10th summer together and we still haven't run out of things to say to each other during our summer nights outside in the driveway. I guess this is what a happy relationship is about. Here's to summer! Thanks, Lord, for all the blessings You've given me in my life. It's been a great ride!

No comments: